UP Diliman

Local Admission

Bachelor’s Degree Programs

  1. Graduates of Department of Education-accredited high schools may be admitted as freshmen into the University based on their performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) and their weighted average in the first three (3) years of high school;
  2. Applicants who are holders of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Certificate, in lieu of a high school diploma, may be admitted to the University provided they qualify in the UPCAT;
  3. Applicants who graduated from high schools abroad who have not enrolled in college may be admitted as beginning freshmen into a degree program with available slots without taking the UPCAT provided that they meet the following requirements (594th EC Meeting: 27 April 1996 p.122);
    1. completion of the high school program in the country where they had their education (933rd BOR Meeting: 30 October 1980). [This includes the completion of one- or two -year university education in a country where such is a prerequisite for admission to a Bachelor’s International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBE) and degree program];
    2. passing a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination or the Scholastic Aptitute Test (SAT) or equivalent examination (965th BOR Meeting: 23 February 1984) with the following minimum scores:
      • GCE: three (3) ordinary level passes and two (2) advance level passes
      • SAT: minimum total score of 1200 (for Math and Critical Reading only)
      • IBE: International Baccalaureate Diploma; and
    3. in the case of an applicant whose native language or whose medium of instruction in the secondary school is not English, a score of at least 500 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) , or at least 173 in the computerized form, or at least sixty-one (61) in Internet- Based Test [IBT];
    4. official result forms should be submitted upon entry or upon filing of application
  4. A graduate from high school abroad who fails to satisfy the requirements for automatic admission (i.e., item b above) may take the UPCAT;
  5. A Filipino who graduates from a secondary school abroad and applies for freshmen admission to the University must satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students.

Undergraduate Certificate or Diploma Programs

Transfer Admission

Graduate and Postgraduate Students