Environmental sustainability entails a consciousness geared towards developing sustainable habits for optimized environmental utilization. This pertains to developing habits related to reduced consumption, reuse, recycle or repurposing of consumer products, and regeneration of resources through planting and rehabilitation.
In operationalizing environmental sustainability, these supporting principles can be considered – societal needs, the preservation of biodiversity, regenerative and carrying capacity of our resources, reusability and recyclability of materials, and the constraints of non-renewable resources and waste generation.
Specifically, the University aims to…
- promote a habit of mindful consumption
- promote a culture of environmental sustainability
- encourage community engagement in developing a habit of local productivity
To achieve these goals, the University shall…
- design programs that will increase the awareness on the need for environmental sustainability and encourage “green” lifestyle
- conduct regular campaigns through social and traditional media and produce pubmats/IECs on how to adopt a sustainable lifestyle
- create a team/body to monitor the University’s initiatives towards environmental sustainability
- actively promote and support research projects on environmental sustainability
- engage student councils and organizations of each academic unit in its efforts towards environmental sustainability
- build linkages with nearby institutions and communities to promote environmental sustainability