Watch a yoga demonstration, get an Indian tattoo, attend a Bollywood dance workshop, sample Indian cuisine, and watch a Bollywood movie at UTSAV 2017: A Celebration of World Hindi Day, which will be held on Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 pm, at the GT-Toyota Asian Center Auditorium, Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman. The festival is free and open to the public; participation in events is first-come, first-served; but participants are encouraged to sign up to expedite the registration process.
ABOUT UTSAV 2017
Organized by the UP Asian Center and the Embassy of the Republic of India in the Philippines, UTSAV 2017 seeks to celebration of World Hindi Day, which “commemorate[s] the national language of the Indian subcontinent” and aims to “promote and propagate this language that is breaking down communication barriers across the globe” (Indian Embassy, Berlin).
UTSAV 2017 features a variety of activities that seeks to raise awareness and appreciation of various facets of Indian culture and society, from yoga and tattoo culture to cuisine and Bollywood dance and film.
LIST of EVENTS: TENTATIVE PROGRAM
- 1300 – 1330 : Registration
- 1330 – 1340 : Welcome Remarks
- 1340 – 1345 : Inauguration and Lighting of Lamp
- 1345 – 1400 : Keynote message, Michael L. Tan, Ph.D., Chancellor, UP Diliman
- 1400 – 1410 : Dean’s Remarks, Joefe Santarita, Ph.D., UP Asian Center
- 1410 – 1430 : Introduction of India and World Hindi Day, Dr. Suresh Kumar, First Secretary, Indian Embassy, Philippines
- 1430 – 1530 : Yoga Demonstration
- 1410 – 1630 : Mehndi corner (Indian tattoo)
- 1530 – 1600 : Bollywood Dance Workshop
- 1600 – 1620 : Indian snacks and Masala chai
- 1630 – 1830 : Screening of Bollywood movie, Stanley Ka Dabba (READ REVIEW)
VENUE and VICINITY MAP
For directions, please view this map and a street view of the facade of the UP Asian Center.